People with disabilities can make friends in lots of different places such as:
- Local dance classes, sports teams, art or photography classes, and martial arts classes.
- City or county activities and sports teams
- School teams and activities such as yearbook club or the swim team.
- Recreation programs that help people with disabilities make friends, such as Friends’ Club at some schools and Unified Sports (part of Special Olympics).
- Activities and events for people with disabilities, such as Special Olympics.