KentuckyWorks aims to enhance employment opportunities for youth and young adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities throughout the Commonwealth of Kentucky. This project is collaborative effort between the University of Kentucky’s Human Development Institute (KY UCEDD), the KY Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR), KY Department of Education, KY Division of Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities, KY Department for Independent Living, KY Protection & Advocacy, KY Community and Technical College System, Commonwealth Council on Developmental Disabilities, KY Office of Autism, and the KY Autism Training Center. We will achieve this goal through interagency partnerships, collaborative professional development, and statewide information dissemination to schools, professionals, students, families and employers.
This website provides the following:
- Overview of Kentucky and national employment resources.
- Resources for different audiences, including people with disabilities, families, employers, employment professionals, and educators. Each section is divided into topics to help you find the most helpful resources. In addition, the section for youth with disabilities was written to be accessible for people with intellectual disabilities and includes audio and video features.
- Find KY Work Tools to determine what employment resources are best for your situation right now.
- Overview of postsecondary resources.
- Reports of community conversations and other activities held by KentuckyWorks.
- Infographics, learning modules, and other tools developed by KentuckyWorks to promote the employment of people with disabilities and increase understanding about how to make employment successful.
- Blog about a family’s transition journey.
Development of this website was supported by a U.S. Administration for Community Living grant, (90DNEM0004-01-00).