View the video [link]
This video provides all the basics that youth with disabilities and their parents need to know about applying for Supplemental Security Income when they turn 18 years old! The video also covers how youth with disabilities can work and keep their benefits. Created by Jeff White and Carolyn Wheeler.
Helpful links from video above:
- Social Security Website
- SSA SSI Handbook: Everyone applying for SSI should read this!!
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Benefits: Information to schedule an appointment and more!
- The Truth About Working and Receiving SSI Infographic
- What You Need to Know About Your Supplemental Security Income (SSI) When You Turn 18 (PDF)
- Working While Disabled — How We Can Help, 2020 – Social Security document (PDF)
- Kentucky Goodwill WIPA
- Center for Accessible Living WIPA
- Work Incentives Planning and Assistance (WIPA)
State-by-State WIPA Finder: Counselors to help you understand how work and benefits fit together.
- Kentucky STABLE
- Find the ABLE program for your state at the ABLE National Resource Center
More helpful resources: